Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Sweaty Palms, hoping to not see this!

A whole new set of anxieties

Nervously waiting in line for a sold out show
In a surprisingly short period of time, I am finding that I have become completely reliant on ChatGPT to do my job.  So, every time I have a question now, my palm start to sweat as I wait on the loading spinners to see if the fates will grant me an audience with the oracle or not. 

Finding motivation for "manual" labor

It turns out that, while it is exciting when it works, it is very difficult to get motivated to do an hour of hard thinking, while knowing if ChatGPT was NOT "at capacity" right now, that hour of work would literally take a couple of copy/paste operations, and brief review of the results before moving on.



These two experiences, resulting in exactly the same end result could not feel more different. 

Like, at this point, I'm better off going for a 45 minute walk, and just waiting my turn to ask later, right?

It's a new world - simultaneously exciting, terrifying, and obviously still techno-frustrating as always, because even if you're an all powerful AI apparently, software is still hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment