Saturday, April 14, 2018

SSoT.me Windows CLI

Currently the SSoT.me CLI is only available on windows.  We hope to port it to Python in the next few months, but for now, it’s Windows only.

Installing the CLI

Step 1. Go to https://explore.ssot.me/app/#!/home

Step 2. Click on

Step 3: Windows may see this as a unknown program…click see more and continue anyways.

Step 4:

Step 5: Click Next>Next until finished.

You should now see SSoT.me folder in your C:\Program File (x86)\ directory.

 

Step 6: Powershell

OPEN UP POWERSHELL: Search Powershell in the bottom left hand corner and open the program.

I would recommend pinning this to your taskbar by right clicking and pinning the program once it is open.

Now that you have powershell open you can navigate. For people who are new to powershell or linux commands just some basics to help get around folders.

Step 8: Navigate in Powershell (if you are familiar with basic folder navigation in powershell skip to step 9)

You can see in the image below that currently I am in the “C:\Users\me” this is based on what is after “PS” and what is before “>”

To switch folders or “Change Directory” you can use the command “cd”

So I could type “cd C:” ENTER and I would go to the C: folder on the computer.

If I type “ls” or “LS” ENTER I can see all the files and folders in my C:\ folder

 

Instead of typing out the full path of the folder I want to navigate to you can type cd and the folder name and if that folder is in your current directory you will navigate there. Notice if you type

“cd U” then TAB key it will fill in with something that looks like “.\Users\” if you hit enter you will see you are now in the users folders based on the text after the “PS” and before the “>” (See image above)

 

https://explore.ssot.me/app/#!/view1

 

If you don’t have a key you can use the test key for now.

{

“emailAddress”: “test+1@ssot.me”,

“secret”: “{this-value-is-emailed-to-you}”

}

 

Step 10: Edit ssotme.key file

Go ahead and open file explorer window and go to the folder we have created in Powershell:

RIGHT Click and edit in any text editor (I am using notepad++ but notepad will work as well)

 

Paste in the following text – you can replace the email and secret with your own information.

{

“emailAddress”: “test+1@ssot.me”,

“secret”: “{this-value-is-emailed-to-you}”

}

 

Don’t forget the curly braces seen on line 1 and 4. Your should be emailed to you shortly after you register.

 

Step 11: Next Steps

Now you should be ready to start one of the ssot.me tutorials

Check out:

Website: https://explore.ssot.me/app/#!/home

Github for tutorials and more: https://github.com/SSoTme

First Project tutorial: https://github.com/SSoTme/ssotme-ms-ionic-seed

No comments:

Post a Comment